Miituu Limited (trading as miituu) ("we/us/our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our registered office is at Federation House, 224 Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2BN and our company number is SC448857.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.miituu.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where you place an order with us or otherwise purchase our services, confirmation of your payment (but we shall not hold your credit card details as we use a third party payment service provider). Should you choose to pay by direct debit or standing order we will retain your bank account number and sort code while payment by that method continues.
Use of our online miituu app is likely to produce various audio and video data which will be stored on a dedicated part of our server. This data may constitute personal data of the individuals who contribute to the particular audio or video file. However this data is stored solely to enable full functionality of the online miituu app. We do not access or otherwise use this data unless the express consent of the individuals concerned has been obtained.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to advertisers we may use. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Our cookies are used to remember your search settings and to allow you to add comments to this site. The only way to stop these cookies being set is to choose to not use this site.
Cookies for Social Websites
So you can refer or share our content on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, this website has included sharing buttons. The cookies themselves are set by the separate social network websites.
We use Google Analytics cookies to compile website statistics on visitors to our website. Such analysis includes information on how visitors access the site, the amount of time spent on the website, and what pages are visited.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, such as registering to receive email updates from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Miituu Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers and/or audio/video data held on behalf of its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.